Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Passionate Life

"The dangers of life are infinite, and among them is safety." Goethe

It's been nearly two weeks since my last blog entry. In that time, we've created a new type of talk radio show and recorded the first five shows.

I also found out that my wife and I are expecting our fourth child! It's an amazing thing. Part of the reason it's so amazing is that I was content with two (or even three) children. Yet, my wife had a dream of having four children. And we have a long-standing agreement that we do our utmost to support each other's dreams.

Soooo, after several years of himming and hawing, I finally agreed to try for a fourth child several months ago.

My wife and I asked our three existing children if they would help out if we were to have another child (because Dad would need HELP!).

My daughter (age 10) quickly agreed. She's been in the conspiracy (along with her mother) for a fourth child for years.

My oldest son (age 8) told us he would help out as well.

My youngest son, age 4 1/2, said he would help if he had to, which I thought was pretty good for his age.

Having the kids buy into the whole thing helps out a lot. It should reduce feelings of resentment, anger and jealousy a touch.

"In motivating people, you've got to engage their minds and their hearts. It is good business to have...(people)...feel part of the entire effort." Rupert Murdoch

I agreed to have a fourth child once I realized that the main reason I was NOT was that I was afraid - afraid I wouldn't have enough love, time or patience to deal with another child. Once that realization came to awareness, I knew that I had to go forward with completing our family of four.

Fear is an insufficient reason to NOT do something. Fear makes us small and diseased. We cannot let fear rule us. We can listen to it, heed it, and thank fear for its input. But we cannot and must not let it dictate our lives.

You have to overcome your fear to reach passion.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." Field Marshal Ferdinand Foch

Questions to Ponder: What makes you passionate? What steps are you taking to achieve or sustain that passion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home